Indonesia’s Ministry of Health will carry out the distribution in parallel with testing the vaccines made by China’s Sinovac (Photo: AFP) Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesia on January 3 started nationwide distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine that was developed by Chinese firm Sinovac Biotech and mass inoculations are scheduled to begin later this month. Indonesian state vaccine producer Bio Farma received 1.2 million doses of the vaccine on December 6 and 1.8 million doses on December 31. During a press briefing, the company’s COVID-19 vaccination spokesman Bambang Heriyanto said that all vaccine cold chain facilities at between 2 and 8 degrees Celsius are ready, voicing a hope that it will help ensure the quality of the vaccines. Bambang added that Indonesia has carried out a number of national vaccination programmes in the past so infrastructure would not be an issue. Indonesia plans to inoculate 181.5 million people aged 18 and above, or around 67 percent of its nearly 270 million people, within 15 months. The shots will first be given to its 1.3 million health workers. Another 17.4 million front-line workers will get vaccinated after and then 21.5 million people aged 60 and older will get the jab between January and… Read full this story
- Audit: New York paid $33M too much for kids' vaccines
- South Sudan set to vaccinate targeted healthcare and frontline workers operating in high risk states against Ebola
- Indonesia floods_ landslides death toll climbs to 59
- Chickenpox hits anti-vaccine stronghold in N.C.
- Meet the Scientist and Autism Dad Who’s Fighting the Anti-Vaccine Movement
- Ohio County First Responders, Others at High Risk To Get Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Site Visit Planned for December 19, 2018 to Initiate Phase 2 Trial of ProscaVax for Early-Stage Prostate Cancer
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in NC hit with worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- NexusTours begins expansion plan in the United States opening with Florida
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to Host Third Quarter Conference Call on November 19, 2018
Indonesia begins COVID-19 vaccine distribution have 300 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.