When Gov. Gavin Newsom lifted regional stay-at-home orders across California on Monday, he said the state is “seeing a flattening of the curve,” with coronavirus numbers improving — including the intensive-care unit availability projections that governed the restrictions. But he also urged vigilance, saying California’s progress is “fragile” — and a look at key coronavirus metrics for Bay Area counties before and after the lockdown shows that key indicators are still comparatively much higher now. The orders, which Newsom issued in early December, divided California into five regions. A region became subject to the order when its ICU availability dipped below 15%. Five of the Bay Area’s nine counties — Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Santa Clara and San Francisco — preemptively adopted the order on Dec. 6, even though the Bay Area region’s ICU availability remained above the threshold until Dec. 16. With Newsom’s announcement Monday, the state has gone back to its four-tier, color-coded reopening system, with all Bay Area counties returning to the strictest purple tier. Tier assignment is based on three factors: new cases per 100,000 people (adjusted by the state to account for the amount of testing), positive test rate, and a health equity metric keyed… Read full this story
- This Bay Area suburb is ranked best place to raise a family in California
- Tampa Bay-Area Power Company Outage Maps
- DEA Training Program Delivers Opioid Abuse, Overdose Information to Bay Area
- Florida, Tampa Bay area top charts for amount of pedestrian deaths
- Hate crime reports rose 30 percent in Bay Area in Trump’s first year in office
- In Green Bay area, rents are rising as fast as developers race to finish new apartment projects
- How Bay Area cities are cracking down on vaping
- Bay Area Law Enforcement Following Outcome of 1st Federal Opioid Epidemic Trial
- Jordan McCloud: 'Bay Made' QB could inspire future Bay Area recruits
- Which Bay Area high school football teams are still unbeaten?
How coronavirus numbers in each Bay Area county compare before and after lockdown have 307 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.