It was a rare chilly morning in Ho Chi Minh City when a group of Vietnamese and expat coffee afficionados sat down for a sip of hot espresso at a downtown coffee bar in the middle of January. Their drinks, described as “a fine robusta grown at around 850m then honey-processed to a creamy texture with nutty walnuts, almond flavors, and a smooth mouthfeel,” were just one of dozens of options at the Vietnamese Coffee Fair: Tet Edition hosted by Lacàph, a Ho Chi Minh City-based café brand. The event hosted nearly a dozen local roasters and several presentations on a variety of coffee-related topics. “This is the second time we’ve organized something like this,” Lacàph manager Timen R.T. Swijtink told Tuoi Tre News at the event. “The goal is to make consumers aware of the great product available here.” At the fair’s opening tasting session, Lacàph put a spotlight on the improvements Vietnamese growers have made to locally-grown robusta in recent years, as well as the introduction of the ‘dwarf beans’ – a ‘mini’ coffee bean used for the espresso served to the event-goers. “The principle is that the smaller bean, the more nutrition concentration and the better flavor,” Swijtink explained. Timen R.T…. Read full this story
- 7 new Twin Cities coffee shops as eye-catching as they are caffeinated
- Why Kim will be looking closely at Vietnam
- Cinequest film fans: Where to eat in San Jose, Redwood City
- Morning Call pops up at Fair Grounds while seeking permanent home
- Louisiana Fair, Festivals Guide, March 2019: St. Patrick's Day, Super Sunday, more
- Looking for dining deals in St. Paul? Here are 10 for under $15
- Best Vietnamese food in Little Saigon: The top 25 dishes to eat
- Soleil Ho of podcast The Racist Sandwich charts new path for San Francisco food criticism
- According to bloggers: Best coffee shops where you can work 'from home'
- Retail Roundup: subs, Korean, pizza and coffee
Ho Chi Minh City coffee fair offers fresh look at fine Vietnamese robusta have 314 words, post on vietnamlife.tuoitrenews.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.