Acting Metropolitan Police Chief Robert Contee touched on a variety of aspects regarding the deadly Capitol riot during a Tuesday congressional hearing, highlighting that he was most "stunned at the tepid response" from the US Army as officials sought additional forces to control rioters. Delivering his testimony to the House Appropriations Committee, Contee revealed that during a call with US Capitol Police, DC National Guard and Army leadership, Trump-appointed political representatives with the US Department of Defense were hesitant to deploy troops over concerns of what the public might think. “While I certainly understand the importance of both planning and public perception – the factors cited by the staff on the call – these issues become secondary when you are watching your employees, vastly outnumbered by a mob, being physically assaulted," Contee told lawmakers. "I was able to quickly deploy my force and issue directives to them while they were in the field, and I was honestly shocked that the National Guard could not – or would not – do the same.” Federal officials have rejected claims that there was a delay in offering National Guard troops to contain the insurrection. Maj. Gen. William Walker, the commander of the DC… Read full this story
- Horrifying moment Nairobi fanatic detonates suicide vest outside hotel restaurant as death toll rises to 21
- GLASGOW’S BLOODY FRIDAY – Brutal Attack on Defenceless Strikers
- Pakistani Spy Stoned to Death by Inmates in Indian Jail Following Terror Attack
- Violent crime in Sweden is soaring. When will politicians act?
- Trump’s Inquisitors: How far will the Democrats go with their new found investigative powers?
- Ranked: the 50 most powerful people in Plymouth
- Lt. Gen. Ben Hodges on Iraq: 'I Never Dreamed That We Would Still Be Involved'
- Residents allowed home after Derry hoaxes
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on February 3, 2019
- For 30 years of EitC, 30 of its greatest successes
DC Police Chief Bashes ‘Tepid’ US Army Response to Capitol Riot, IDs Second Officer Suicide have 305 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.