A visibly relieved China on Thursday warmly congratulated new United States President Joe Biden and urged him to heal and rebuild the severely damaged bilateral ties by his predecessor Donald Trump. IMAGE: US President Joe Biden gestures as he arrives for his inauguration on the West Front of the US Capitol. Photograph: Jonathan Ernst-Pool/Getty Images Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying, known for fiery retorts against the US, welcomed Biden’s first moves to join the Paris Climate Accord and the World Health Organisation (WHO) which was trashed by Trump as a puppet of China over its conduct to deal with the COVID-19. “We express congratulations on the inauguration of President Biden. I noted many US media say this is a new day in America. “After travelling an extraordinary period, we believe our two peoples deserve to embrace a better future. “We hope Biden will be successful in governance,” she said. “I noticed the word unity has been mentioned several times in his inaugural speech. This is what is urgently needed in our bilateral relations,” she said, adding that over the past four years ‘a handful of US politicians made so many lies and incited so much hatred and division’. “Chinese and… Read full this story
- India-China -Russia Troika: Is It Possible?
- China's Battle for African Uranium
- Bring the Kids but Don't Forget the KIT!
- Putting the Cart Before the Horse - How to Keep Your Requirements Session on Track
- Influence Management - Your Fast Track to Greater Impact, Part 1
- A Date to Remember - Tracked Down by an Ex-Lover
- Silk Road Adventures
- Journey On The Highest World's Railway - Beijing To Lhasa By Train
- Chinese Civilization - Is It Out Of Control On All Levels?
- How to Deliver the Right Message, Every Time
China warms up to Biden, asks him to bring ties back on track have 290 words, post on www.rediff.com at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.