Video PlayerClose NAY PYI TAW, Jan. 11 (Xinhua) — China will stand firm with Myanmar to jointly fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, push for economic recovery and build the China-Myanmar community with a shared future, visiting Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said here Monday. Wang made the remarks during a meeting with Myanmar President U Win Myint. Noting that he is the first foreign minister to visit Myanmar after the Southeast Asian country’s general elections, Wang said his visit is aimed at demonstrating China’s anticipation and support for the successful formation of Myanmar’s new government as well as Myanmar’s efforts to realize prosperity and long-term stability. Through close consultations, China and Myanmar have agreed in principle on the action plan of building the China-Myanmar community with a shared future following Chinese President Xi Jinping’s historic state visit to Myanmar last year, Wang noted. China decided to provide an emergency aid of COVID-19 vaccines to Myanmar to support its fight against the pandemic, and is willing to carry out further vaccine cooperation with Myanmar, said Wang. Wang believed that the “Paukphaw” (fraternal) friendship between the two countries will be further carried forward and the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership… Read full this story
- Further State support needed for firms to battle COVID-19: expert
- Spotlight: LMC leaders' meeting crucial to fighting COVID-19, promoting development: Cambodian experts
- Exclusive: China-backed hackers 'targeted COVID-19 vaccine firm Moderna'
- China donates 130 ventilators to help Philippines battle COVID-19
- Spotlight: China's medical teams help cement China-Africa friendship amid COVID-19
- China highlights cooperation on COVID-19 in Belt and Road projects
- Life After COVID-19: Letter From Beijing
- US Skeptical about Russian Claim of Effective COVID-19 Vaccine
- Survey of 68 Nations is Bright for Vietnam But in a Dim COVID-19 World
- German infections rise; new Covid-19 cases of reactivations
China to work with Myanmar to battle COVID-19, promote economic recovery: Wang Yi have 294 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.