Democrats face a series of steep political and procedural challenges as they plot a path to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour using a budgetary process known as reconciliation that would sidestep the filibuster.Budget reconciliation theoretically would allow Democrats in the 50-50 Senate to pass the long-sought progressive goal with Vice President Kamala HarrisKamala HarrisSenate Democrats reintroduce DC statehood bill Sen. Patrick Leahy returns home after being hospitalized What the shift in Senate control means for marijuana policy reform MORE casting the tie-breaking vote. Republicans could not block the hike even if all 50 GOP senators are opposed to the increase.But it’s not clear Democrats will be united in raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour, even if they use reconciliation as Sens. Dick DurbinDick DurbinTrump censure faces tough odds in Senate On The Money: GOP digs in on defending Trump tax cuts | Democrats bullish on raising minimum wage | Financial sector braces for Biden’s consumer bureau pick Sen. Patrick Leahy returns home after being hospitalized MORE (Ill.) and Bernie SandersBernie SandersSanders says he’s raised .8 million for charity after mittens meme Former Sanders press secretary: Further means-testing of COVID-19 aid ‘unconscionable’ Leahy expected to preside… Read full this story
- MLB scores partial victory in minor-league wage lawsuits
- Labor Department sues trainer Asmussen, stable over wages
- Doping scandal threatens Russia’s storied sports legacy
- TUF Strength & Beauty Contest Official Rules
- IOC president Bach promises action on delays threatening Rio Games
- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end
- What if we changed the rules?
- No. 7 Michigan State beats No. 15 Iowa 71-69 in OT
- No. 7 Michigan State holds off No. 15 Iowa in OT
- FIFA VP Jeffrey Webb says don’t risk World Cup for political reasons
Byrd Rule, politics threaten $15 per hour minimum wage have 279 words, post on thehill.com at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.