US President Joe Biden(C) leaves Holy Trinity Catholic Church in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington,DC on January 24, 2021. Joe Biden has begun his presidency with sharp breaks from Donald Trump in both substance and tone, from climate change to immigration to a general openness to working with the rest of the world.(Nicholas Kamm / AFP) Biden will also on Monday extend the ban to travelers who have recently been to South Africa amid warnings that new, more transmissible coronavirus variants are already establishing themselves in the United States, the official said, confirming US media reports. The new president last week tightened mask wearing rules and ordered quarantine for people flying into the United States, as he seeks to tackle the country’s worsening coronavirus crisis. Biden has said that the Covid-19 death toll would likely rise from 420,000 to half a million next month — and that drastic action was needed. “We’re in a national emergency. It’s time we treated it like one,” he said on Thursday. In his last days in office, Donald Trump announced that a Covid-19 ban on travelers arriving from much of Europe and Brazil would be lifted — but the Biden administration immediately said it… Read full this story
- TikTok could operate as American company, says White House official
- White House turns on Fauci as Trump minimizes virus spike
- White House virus task force member says 'none of us lie'
- Fauci spat illustrates what some fear is a directionless White House
- The White House Made a List of All the Times Fauci ‘Has Been Wrong’ on the Coronavirus
- White House Denies Reports Alleging Call For Major US Aircarriers to Suspend China Flights - Report
- White House Distances Itself From Latest Attack on Fauci
- Dr Fauci slams ‘bizarre’ White House attacks as ‘nonsense’ and says they only ‘hurt’ President Trump
- Inside Donald Trump's White House 'deregulation' stunt: The huge weights over his head were FAKE (and the crane company was made to sign an NDA)
- White House targets Fauci amid blunt warnings about coronavirus
Biden to reinstate Covid travel bans: White House official have 330 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.