As rioters raged inside the U.S. Capitol Wednesday, a couple from the Bay Area who went to Washington to lend support to President Trump and his unsubstantiated claims of election fraud at a final rally, said they resisted calls to join the mob that had breached barriers to force their way into the building. Instead, the Oakland couple said Thursday, they stood outside the Capitol for hours, singing patriotic songs, chanting pro-Trump slogans and trying to figure out what was going on inside by checking their phones and listening to rumors. The Chronicle interviewed the couple along with a mother and son from Danville who also attended Trump’s rally before the siege, at the San Francisco International Airport just after they returned from Washington. They were in the nation’s capital on what many have called one of the darkest days in U.S. history to attend Trump’s “Save America Rally,” which was also billed as a “Wild Rally,” and attended by tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands, according to reports. After the president made remarks that some critics have said incited the riots, the crowd marched from the Ellipse, a park near the White House, to the Capitol. “The plan all… Read full this story
- Grand jury clears pair accused of attacking MAGA hat-wearing Trump supporter outside Portland bar - as he blames city's 'radical' political leanings for them not facing charges
- Trump supporters poke fun at liberals with conservative gear at Houston rally
- Trump campaign's Facebook ads call for deporting 'illegals.' But in Spanish ads, no mention of it.
- Melania Trump Talks Opioid Crisis On First Solo Trip to Capitol Hill, Dodges Impeachment Questions
- EXCLUSIVE: Gay Trump Supporters Set The Record Straight
- Kansas Makeup Artist Wins Contest, Gets Uninvited For Trump Support, She Says
- Latest PG&E news: Just 1,400 PG&E customers are still without power
- What it's like to be a photographer inside the Kincade Fire
- Kevin Durant says Draymond Green played a role in him leaving, which is not what he's said before
- Selling impeachment - Democrats search for common message against Trump
Bay Area Trump supporters, just back from D.C., said they resisted calls to join mob inside Capitol have 343 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.