A patient suffering injuries caused by fireworks is being treated at Viet Nam–Germany Friendship Hospital. Photo hanoimoi.com HÀ NỘI — As the number people injured by firecracker increases, doctors are warning people of the danger of ‘home-made’ fireworks – particularly children. Dozens of patients have been treated at the Việt Nam–Germany Friendship Hospital in the past month with burns caused by firecrackers. In just three days from January 5 to January 8, three people were treated for serious injuries, including a man who was burnt as he was making an explosive device in his home, Hà Nội Mới (New Hà Nội) newspaper reported. On January 8, a 15-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital with his fingers damaged and fractured bones on his left hand. The injury also caused damage to vision of his right eye. Earlier on January 5, another student, also 15, from the northern province of Hải Dương was admitted to the hospital with similar injuries. But one of the most shocking cases was a 14-year-old from Ninh Binh who suffered serious burns to his entire face and body when he and his friends tried to make fireworks following online instructions. The flame sparked a chemical reaction and a local resident took… Read full this story
- 8 things you can do that will protect your home from rising costs
- Serious injuries from road accidents are on the rise, warn traffic chiefs
- From stackable housing to robotic parking: Has the future of smart home tech arrived?
- France hit by 69% rise in anti-Semitic acts
- Overstretched police forces struggling to cope amid rising crime, MPs warn
- California wildfire rescuers searching for dead as toll rises to 25
- ‘No Relief in Sight’ says St. Thomas Police as calls continue to rise
- Narco warfare on the rise on Spain’s Costa del Sol
- Diane Abbott on random stop and search: Crime is rising – more police, not heavier policing, needed
- Big rise in calls to Threshold from tenants in danger of eviction
Accidents relating to home-made firecracker on the rise have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.