Vietnam discharges 0.28-0.73 million tons of plastic waste to the ocean each year, or 6 percent of the world’s total figure, ranking fourth among the countries polluting the ocean the most, a study shows. The Vietnam Plastics Association in 2019 estimated that the plastics output and consumption level was 5 million tons in 2015. The average plastics consumption in 2019 was 41 kilograms per head, or 10 times higher than the 3.8 kilograms per head in 1990. The researchers found that of the recyclable urban waste in Hoi An City, plastic waste accounted for 8.4-14 percent. Thien Nhien Studying river plastic waste: the early steps In Vietnam, management agencies are busy studying pollution caused by ocean plastic waste, but another type of pollution, river plastic waste, has occurred. First plastic waste project to launch in Da Nang The central city’s Environment and Urban Company (URENCO), in co-operation with EverGreen Labs Consultant and EverGreen Social ventures, will start a pilot project on plastic waste recycling in the city later this year.
- Sports Vietnam’s Hanoi FC record tourney’s biggest win in AFC Cup opener Eco-friendly straws taking off in plastics-loving Vietnam
- Sports Vietnamese in UAE eager to cheer on national football team at Asian Cup Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Sports Vietnam defeat Philippines in Qatar friendly Eco-friendly straws taking off in plastics-loving Vietnam
- Six MLB starting pitchers with a lot to prove in 2019
- Seven-round 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Raiders surprise at No. 4, Panthers and Patriots take QBs on Day 2
- Three-round 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Bills get Quinnen Williams, Patriots take two TEs and a QB, Redskins load up on offense
- MLB 2019 early season trends: Strikeouts are still on the rise and teams are throwing fewer fastballs than ever before
- Three-round 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Four QBs go in top 15 but Broncos wait until Round 3; Steelers target offense
- Vietnamese, Norwegian PMs hold talks
- Super Bowl 2019: The 13 key matchups that will mean everything in Patriots vs. Rams
Vietnamese per capita plastic usage was 41 kilos in 2019 have 309 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.