Vietnam, together with Indonesia and the Caribbean, will benefit from these projects, according to a press release from the US Embassy in Hanoi. These projects are developed to help the humanitarian community better understand how the private sector can invest in projects that mitigate the risk of disasters, and increase businesses' participation in community disaster preparedness plans and policies. They will also help reduce the social and economic impact of disasters, and support communities' efforts to recover and rebuild after disaster strikes. These USAID-supported pilot programs will help countries develop stronger relationships with private sector actors and develop mutually-beneficial projects that strengthen entire communities' disaster resilience. In Vietnam, the Asia Foundation in partnership with ISET International, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Vietnam Institute for Development Strategy, will bring together key private sector, local government, and civil society actors to collaboratively design and launch multi-stakeholder pilot projects to strengthen flood mitigation efforts and improve water network management in the coastal city of Quy Nhon and Binh Dinh Provinces. USAID responds to an average of 75 disasters in more than 70 countries every year. Through collaboration with the private sector, USAID can harness innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship to improve… Read full this story
- USAID strengthens Vietnam's private sector role in disaster resilience
- Parts of Australia declare natural disaster during 'once in 100 years' floods
- Case for private sector involvement in COVID-19 vaccine rollout [opinion]
- Direct private-sector vaccine purchases bucked
- ADB helps Hanoi to upgrade anti-flooding facilities
- Govt launches forestry policy to help sector cope with new challenges
- UNFPA helps central provinces improve reproductive health
- USAid launches new partnerships to advance Philippine water security
- Hydro-meteorological forecasting helps facilitate sustainable livelihoods
- How can science diplomacy end the biological disaster?
USAID helps private sector respond to natural disasters have 281 words, post on vov.vn at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.