The coronavirus outbreak has dealt a strong blow on the tourism industry. Thousands of tour guides in HCM City are sitting idle as domestic and international travelers have canceled tours.
Thoi Bao Kinh Te Sai Gon quoted Nguyen Thi Khanh, deputy chair of the HCM City Tourism Association, as saying on February 6 that the tourism industry is experiencing difficult days.
A beach in Nha Trang City (Illustrative photo).
|In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.|
In general, a moderately sized company needs to earn VND100 million a day to pay to workers. Many travel firms have had their operation ‘frozen’ and workers go to the office just to deal with the tour cancelations.
Tourists presenting symptoms of coronavirus are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine, but local authorities in Hanoi wanted to know which agency would cover the additional hotel fees when their stays exceed their initial bookings.
Authorities in the southern province of Vinh Long are trying to turn tourism into a powerhouse of local economic growth.
- California tour guide accused of working as Chinese agent
- Madeleine McCann tour guide defends ‘ghoulish’ trips around Portugal apartment where tot went missing
- Eating Berlin: On tour through the city's belly
- Paris tour delves into city's African history
- US tour guide charged with spying for China
- Dramatic moment tour guide collapses in terror as a glass walkway cracks beneath his feet… but is all as it seems?
- Tanzanian tour guide is arrested over video prank with a western tourist
- Coach Trip tour guide Brendan Sheerin leaves the gang in shock after he flashes his bum in water stunt gone wrong
- Coach Trip returns for another journey of bickering, culture and tour guide Brendan Sheerin – and this time they’re off to Marbella
- Alleged killer of Santa tour guide Rebecca Johnson lived in Scotland under ‘fake’ identity