Extreme wild weather with massive downpours, thunder, cyclone conditions are set to batter parts of Australia right up until Christmas. The Bureau of Meteorology has warned it will be a wetter than average month for most of Australia, bringing dangerous conditions to many coastal towns. The dramatic wet weather was seen in southern Queensland and northern New South Wales over the weekend, with flash flooding likely to threaten homes for several days in a ‘once in 100 year’ storm. Wet and windy conditions, along with widespread thunder, will now seep across the rest of NSW right up until December 25. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Darwin and Canberra will all endure heavy rainfall for at least the next five days, with most areas in for a soaking for ten. The system that’s causing heavy rain and localised flooding in northern NSW is seen here gathering pace as it tracks south from Queensland A surfer takes advantage of wild surf conditions at Snapper Rocks on the Gold Coast on Sunday (pictured) despite warnings from officials to stay away A girl struggles with her umbrella in stormy conditions at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast on Sunday (pictured) as the wild weather batters… Read full this story
- UK weather: Heavy snow and floods today as icy blast from Greenland hits Britain
- Ten years on, the great Perth hail storm of 2010 remains WA's most expensive natural disaster
- ‘Prepare to leave’: Flood evacuation orders as Sydney faces wettest weekend since 1998
- 1974 comes flooding back as Brisbane on alert
- UK weather: More snow 'imminent' as flood-hit Brits warned Storm Jorge 'not good news'
- UK weather: 65mph storms to bring more floods after fifth wet weekend in a row
- Typhoon Phanfone: at least 28 killed in Philippines after Christmas storm
- Tail-end of Hurricane Lorenzo is set to bring gale-force winds and more heavy rain to Britain this evening after temperatures plunged to -2.7C overnight
- Australia weather: Fierce cold front brings soaring temperatures and fire danger to south and east
- UK weather: Family's house almost completely underwater in shocking flood photos
'Once in a 100-year storm' dumps 500mm of rain on Australia's east coast - and there's more wet weather mayhem to come with flash flooding and downpours forecast EVERY day until Christmas have 334 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.