As 2020 is coming to end, how do you evaluate the development of businesses that received recognition during the Vietnam Value Programme? Vu Ba Phu, director general of the Trade Promotion Agency under the Ministry of Industry and Trade After 17 years of running the programme with seven times choosing national brands, we have witnessed the continuous growth of many domestic enterprises. At the first selection in 2008, we saw only 30 chosen companies with their products. By 2018, this number had grown to 97, and this year we have recorded 124 enterprises and their brands. However, the growth of the business community has not only happened in the number of participating businesses, but also export turnover, sales, and their contribution to the state budget, as well as their efforts in social responsibility and job creation. For example, firms recognised as national brands in 2018 reached a revenue of about VND907 trillion ($39.4 billion), with their export turnover amounting to VND130 trillion ($5.6 billion), contributing VND85 trillion ($3.7 billion) to the state budget and creating 340,000 jobs. Meanwhile, in this year, these numbers have climbed to VND975 trillion ($42.4 billion) and VND123 trillion ($5.34 billion) in 2020, respectively, with contributions… Read full this story
- How did Britain get its coronavirus response so wrong?
- Fighting advanced gastric cancer during COVID-19 pandemic
- I witnessed the horror of HIV 30 years ago. Here's how we can conquer a pandemic
- Our Views: State-based coronavirus testing consortium should help fill the federal void
- FMIA: Repeat in a Pandemic? Patrick Mahomes and Chiefs on a Mission
- Coronavirus: India cases surpass half a million
- Is Rishi Sunak, the people's chancellor, about to lose his crown?
- Nigeria, other African countries declare polio-free
- Trump WeChat ban 'an unwelcome signal' for Chinese community
- U.S. COVID-19 Death Forecast Fast Approaching Original White House Estimate
Initiative’s success helped by quick response to pandemic have 281 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.