The Union health ministry on Sunday called an urgent meeting of its Joint Monitoring Group (JMG) after a new strain of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) surfaced in the United Kingdom, news agency PTI reported.PTI further reported that the JMG, chaired by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS), will hold a meeting on Monday morning to discuss the issue of the mutated variant of the coronavirus reported from the UK. WHO’s India representative Dr Roderico H Ofrin, who is also a member of the JMG, is likely to participate in the meeting.According to health ministry website, the JMG has been formed to review regularly the global/ Indian situation, and provide recommendations on technical matters to the ministry. It would also monitor outbreak situation.British health secretary Matt Hancock on Sunday raised the prospect that London could be under lockdown for months as he has warned it will be “very difficult” to keep a virulent new strain of the coronavirus under control until vaccinations are rolled out.“It is going to be very difficult to keep it under control until we have the vaccine rolled out,” he said. “We know with this new variant you can catch it more easily… Read full this story
- Minister's comments trigger new calls for Navy supply ships to be built in UK
- Syphilis explosion: Urgent warning as cases soar in New Zealand with Māori men and women among the most at risk
- The astonishing journey of the most advanced face transplant ever: Suicide survivor, 26, has been SKYDIVING since getting a new face in groundbreaking surgery
- Two drug-resistant bugs are new ‘urgent threats’ to Americans, experts warn
- The world's medical experts are terrified at the way antibiotics are rapidly becoming useless - but now a new swathe of vital drugs have stopped working
- Doctors could use SCORPION venom to fight human infections including tuberculosis after study on mice finds some strains can kill bacteria without poisonous effects
- Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany'
- Threat level raised to 'critical' for UK ships in Iranian waters
- Where’s My Pizza? A Winning New Vision for Transparency in Healthcare – Industry Analysis by Loyale Healthcare
- More than 8 million in UK struggle to put food on table, survey says
Health ministry calls urgent meeting of key group after new strain of Covid-19 found in UK have 374 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 20, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.