Hanoi is gorgeous and charming with its East-West architecture. Today, the emergence of modern architectural constructions has contributed to forming a dreamy and dynamic Hanoi. Tubular house was the most popular type in the city, with the narrow width, a few tens of metres deep. If the owners are well-off, they would build two or three floors more. Then, influenced by French architecture, engineers began to use steel bending or embossing with cement and plaster to reduce the roughness of concrete blocks in home décor. Modern architecture is a trend to use new, versatile technologies and materials. In the past, people often used wood, black steel, baked tile… to make structure, pillars and roofs. Nowadays, when metal technology develops, rust-proof super light-plated steel has replaced black steel and wood; unburnt tile has been used instead of baked tile. In the past ten years, Hanoi’s architectural situation has required professional architects to make a changey, as soon as possible, the local architecture shouldt be exposed to the architecture of developed countries and other countries in the region. Hanoi architecture is facing big changes of a key moment, that needs to be a breakthrough in quality as well as in quantity. So… Read full this story
- Great exhibitions: 2017's best art, photography, architecture and design
- Prince Charles’s 10 principles for architecture – and 10 much better ones
- Classical Concert “A Journey of Music” to come to Hanoi next month
- 'A monument of audacity and modernity'
- London’s architecture lacks Berlin’s sense of culture, says Chipperfield
- Raven Row art gallery: east London architecture at its finest
- Ruff ride: the everlasting battles and beauty of Shakespeare's Globe
- From architecture to cultural life: how would you design a city from scratch?
- Life after death? Resurrecting a modern ruin
- The East India Company: The original corporate raiders
Hanoi is so beautiful with East-West, modern-classic interwoven architecture have 294 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.