The US president threatens to “take back” a police-free district controlled by protesters. State authorities in the north-western US state of Washington have hit back after President Donald Trump threatened to “take back” a police-free district controlled by protesters in Seattle. Governor Jay Inslee said Mr Trump should stay out of the state’s business, and Seattle’s mayor said any invasion of the city would be illegal. Police abandoned a precinct there on Monday after days of clashes. Mr Trump said the area had been overtaken by “domestic terrorists”. Since police withdrew, demonstrations in the area have been largely peaceful. It has been called Chaz, an abbreviation of Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone. Hundreds of people have been gathering there to demonstrate, hear speeches and attend events. The protests in Seattle, Washington began in response to last month’s death in police custody of an unarmed black man, George Floyd, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. President Trump, who has pushed states to take firm action against protesters, has meanwhile outlined proposals for reforming police, including greater funding for training and national guidelines on the use of force. However, he dismissed calls for defunding the police as an “extreme agenda”. Such a measure involves budgets being… Read full this story
- Ajman Media City Free Zone Business Club package to set up business in Middle East with minimal investment;
- Ajman Media City Free Zone launches electronic licensing system for investors to set -up new business in UAE
- Trump Told Eric Trump And Michael Cohen To Keep Stormy Daniels Quiet: Report
- Obama, Bush Asked To Speak At John McCain's Funeral; Trump Told To Stay Away
- Trump Told McCain 'I Admire You...You're a Good Man' During Private Dinner: Woodward
- Donald Trump Told Japan’s Shinzo Abe ‘I Remember Pearl Harbor’ and Then Ripped the Prime Minister Over Trade Deals: Report
- George Will: Trump's trolling vs. 'constitution of knowledge'
- Social Media Influencer package from Ajman Media City Free Zone for the global social media experts and bloggers
- Mayor David Allen’s Stroke Free Zone in Prairie View, TX
- A Judge Just Reminded CBP That the Border Isn’t a Rights-Free Zone
George Floyd: Trump told to back off Seattle's Chaz police-free zone have 347 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.