Christmas illuminations are seen above shoppers on Regent Street in the main high-street shopping area of London on December 15, 2020 ahead of fresh measures for the capital amid rising novel coronavirus infection rates. The British capital faces tougher Covid-19 measures within days, the UK government said on December 14, with a new coronavirus variant emerging as a possible cause for rapidly rising infection rates.(DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS / AFP) Hopes for an end to the pandemic were boosted by positive assessments of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, but a study warned that at least a fifth of the world’s population in poorer nations may not have access to vaccines until 2022. With the virus resurgent in Europe, Germany closed non-essential shops and schools, swathes of England came under tighter curbs, and Denmark extended its restrictions. “It’s very good that we’re closing the shops, it’s for our health. We can’t wait for things to fall apart,” said shopper Jurgen in Berlin, where people were rushing to finish their Christmas purchases before the shutdown. Germany had coped relatively well with the first wave in the spring, but it has struggled to contain a resurgence in recent months and its health minister said it wanted… Read full this story
- Brexit DELAY fears surge as parties prepare to FIGHT European elections
- Anti-vaxxers face backlash as measles cases surge
- As odds of Corbyn government grow, British Jews eye anti-Semitism in Labour
- As Hong Kong tightens screws on rebellion, democracy moves further out of reach
- MBS 'clampdown' fuels surge in numbers of Saudi refugees
- Ignorance about the Holocaust is growing
- Christians In Western European Countries Attacked By Jihadis And Flooded With Migrants Are Reportedly Less Positive About Islam
- Border Crackdowns Feed a Self-Reinforcing Cycle of Fear and Backlash
- Debt? What debt? At $22 trillion, here's the argument the national debt doesn't matter
- Airports feared losing revenue to Uber and Lyft. Here's what happened.
European nations tighten virus curbs as Christmas surge fears grow have 306 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.