The number of daily new coronavirus infections reported in the country was recorded below 20,000 after nearly six months while the COVID-19 active caseload fell below 3 lakh, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on December 22.Coronavirus, December 22 updatesIndia’s COVID-19 caseload rose to 1,00,75,116 with 19,556 new infections being reported in a day. The death toll increased to 1,46,111 with 301 new fatalities, the data updated at 8 a.m. showed.The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 96,36,487 pushing the national recovery rate to 95.65%, while the COVID-19 case fatality rate stands at 1.45%.The COVID-19 active caseload has fallen below 3 lakh.State Helpline numbers for COVID-19There are 2,92,518 active coronavirus infections in the country which comprises 2.90% of the total caseload, the data stated. India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16.It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the one-crore mark on December 19.According to the ICMR, 16,31,70,557 samples have been tested up to December… Read full this story
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Electronic health records: The new gold standard for cybercriminals
- Counterfeit H-1B Job Offers Nets Six Months in Jail
- Is MERS the New SARS?
- India's Top Court Declines Review of 2G Licenses Cancellation
- Google Street View in India Faces Challenges
- New U.S. Bill Requires ISPs to Keep 18-Months Records
- Rdio acquires music streaming service in India
- India issuing notices to 2G licensees after scam report
- Air India plans legal, tech audit to attract buyers
Coronavirus | India records less that 20,000 new cases after nearly six months have 260 words, post on www.thehindu.com at December 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.