Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) — China will tighten its epidemic control measures for the forthcoming New Year and Spring Festival holidays, said the National Health Commission on Wednesday. The country is facing an increased risk of COVID-19 transmission, with 104 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases recorded in December, a 76.3 percent rise from November, Hu Qiangqiang, a spokesperson from the commission told a press conference. Hu said that the pressure to prevent the spread of the virus has increased given the rising COVID-19 transmission rate overseas and the emergence of new variants of the virus in multiple countries. The spokesperson also cautioned that the risk of the virus spreading will be greater during the holidays due to increased border crossings, domestic mobility and gatherings. The State Council task force on combating the epidemic will inspect local work in January next year, Hu said, adding that those who fail to implement disease control measures and thus cause further spreading of the virus will be held accountable. Enditem
- Mortgage draw downs slow to a trickle as China tightens credits
- EU suspects massive tax fraud at China’s new ‘Belt and Road’ gateway to Europe
- China to impose anti-dumping measures on synthetic rubber imports from Singapore, US, EU
- These are the industries Trump should protect from China if he wants to win elections
- 'China's Hawaii' gets a boost from President Xi Jinping, and so do these businesses
- In race for 5G, China leads South Korea and U.S., study shows
- China’s ZTE claims US ban on company jeopardizes its survival
- Holiday time!
- China vows to fight US 'at any cost' after Donald Trump threatens $100bn trade tariffs
- Protests in China as social media site Weibo bans homosexual content
China to tighten COVID-19 measures during upcoming holidays have 276 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.