BORIS Johnson is preparing for “Australian-style” trade rules as talks with the EU remain stalled. The PM warned that a No Deal scenario is “most likely” outcome in a “bleak” conference call to his Cabinet. Mr Johnson said that a last minute rehash of Brussels demands to punish Britain for undercutting the EU had soured hopes of a deal. It comes after Brussels published its no-deal contingency plan which includes new regulations to allow a six-month period to “ensure the provision of certain air services” between the UK and EU and for road freight and passenger transport to continue. Hopes of a deal now rest on UK and EU negotiators somehow breaking the deadlock before Sunday – the date both parties have agreed marks the final deadline for an agreement to be reached. Follow our Brexit live blog for all the latest news and updates…Chris BradfordToday, 00:51NO DEAL COULD PUSH FOOD AND DRINK PRICES UP BY £3BN A no-deal Brexit could drive up food and drink prices by over £3billion, shopkeepers have warned. The UK looks set to leave the Brexit transition period without a free trade arrangement with the EU as negotiations remain gridlocked over the issues of fisheries,… Read full this story
- 'Get Brexit done': How Boris Johnson’s election gamble paid off
- What happens with Brexit now that Boris Johnson has won a majority in the UK Parliament?
- Brexit: MPs back Boris Johnson's Withdrawal Agreement Bill setting up January exit
- Tony Blair warns Boris Johnson: Prepare "to make a lot of concessions to Europe"
- Brexit: MPs back Boris Johnson's plan to leave EU on 31 January
- Boris Johnson's 'new dawn' Brexit Bill returns to Commons today after PM vowed to 'get the vote wrapped up for Christmas'
- EU draws up plans for quick-fire trade deal after Boris Johnson moves to legally rule out extending Brexit transition
- Remainer plot to take a wrecking ball to Boris Johnson's Brexit hopes: Oliver Letwin and Jo Swinson conspire to hijack PM's crunch vote on his newly-struck deal and FORCE him to beg the EU for Brexit extension TOMORROW
- UK lawmakers set to vote on Boris Johnson’s Brexit bill
- Boris Johnson loses majority ahead of Brexit parliament showdown
Brexit news latest – Boris Johnson prepares for ‘Australian-style’ trade rules as No Deal looms after EU talks have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 11, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.