Female business leaders participate in the Vietnam Women Entrepreneurs Forum 2020. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – According to a new report by the International Labor Organization (ILO), businesses in Vietnam are facing a shortage of talent. This situation can be addressed by recruiting and assisting more women in management positions. Barriers by gender stereotypes The research report “Paths to success: Women in business and management in Vietnam” was published at the workshop “Gender equality in the workplace – creating sustainable values” by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in collaboration with the Vietnam Business Coalition for Women’s Empowerment (VBCWE), Investing in Women project (Australia) and the ILO held online on November 17. The report emphasized that women benefit businesses and gender diversity as a smart business strategy that increases profitability and productivity, increases talent retention, and fosters innovation. At the meeting, Ms. Valentina Barcucci, ILO economic-labor expert, said: "Among women participating the labor market, 10 percent have graduated from university, while this rate among young men is only 5 percent. Currently, the proportion of women working in science, engineering, technology and mathematics (STEM) is 37 percent and it will continue to increase. “The good news is that Vietnamese… Read full this story
- Report sets goal of more women in boardrooms of FTSE 100 firms
- Quality products key to accessing CPTPP markets
- Conference highlights industry 4.0’s key role in English teaching
- 'Guys DO have self-image issues': Men list the 'infuriating myths' that women get wrong about them in controversial Reddit thread
- Top 10 books about wild women
- Women's breast cancer odds INCREASE by 80% after giving birth for the first time, study reveals - and women over 35 are at the greatest risk
- ‘Customer experience’ key to survival in digital age
- National Nutrition Week 2019: 10 Nutrition And Health Tips For Working Women
- England Women poach US Soccer fitness coach Dawn Scott
- Why Trump keeps calling women 'nasty'
Vietnamese women are better prepared to assume key positions have 300 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.