The EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will not only help to raise export turnover but also increase the competitiveness of Vietnamese fruit and vegetables and fisheries products in the European market. The EVFTA opens the door to Vietnam’s agriculture and fisheries products. Vinamex, an import and export company in Belgium, has a solid reputation in this rather difficult market, especially in regard to rice and cashew nuts. Its warehouse in Brussels regularly houses agricultural products imported from Vietnam. Vietnamese rice imported by Vinamex is sold at the Carrefour supermarket in Brussels. Fragrant rice has been consumed in large quantities in Europe for a number of years, but not much has been Vietnamese. Rice from Vietnam has been subject to a relatively high import tax of 5% to 45%, depending on the variety. There are even some EU countries that impose an import tax on Vietnamese rice of up to 100% or higher. Under the EVFTA, the tax rate on rice is 0%, and if Vietnam makes good use of the opportunity to export its 80,000-ton quota then export turnover could quadruple compared to the present figure. Agriculture and fisheries stand to gain a great deal as soon as the EVFTA takes effect. EU countries are,… Read full this story
- Global Selenium-rich Agricultural Products Market 2019 Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2024
- Men’s basketball given opportunity to end Washington’s win streak at matchup
- Agricultural Films Market 2019 Global Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities, Forecast 2025
- Precision Agriculture Market Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2019-2025
- Precision Agriculture 2019 Market Analysis; By Key Player, Application, Growth Trends, Region & Segment Forecast to 2025
- Coffee Beauty Products Market 2019 Global Analysis, Share, Trend, Key Players, Opportunities & Forecast To 2023
- Promoting regenerative agriculture through women farmers
- Stem Holdings, Inc. Signs Deal to Enter California Cannabis Market with Cultivation, Processing and Distribution
- Spring gives opportunity to cull invasive speciesYou may also be interested in...
- Trump reportedly asks China to lift tariffs on US farm products
Vietnamese agricultural products given opportunity to enter Europe have 322 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.