Doctors at the Vinh Phuc Obstetrics and Pediatric Hospital on Wednesday described the girl’s survival after only 26 weeks in gestation as a “rare miracle.”The mother, who had been barren for a decade, resorted to in vitro fertilization (IVF) and became pregnant with twins. She showed signs of amniotic fluid leakage 18 weeks in and was admitted to the hospital on July 1, where she was found to be at risk of a miscarriage.She prematurely birthed a baby at week 24, but that baby did not survive. Doctors decided then to keep the other baby in the womb.Her greatest risk at the time was a uterus infection, which could have forced doctors to remove her uterus altogether. The procedure might have meant that the mother could never become pregnant again, said Doctor To Van An, head of the hospital’s obstetrics disease department.”The most important task was to keep the remaining fetus alive in the womb for as long as possible,” An said.The mother was treated with antibiotics and other drugs to delay labor, before she showed signs of running out of amniotic fluid on August 20. Doctors were forced to deliver the baby prematurely within the day, at 26 weeks… Read full this story
- Mum's anger as husband plays golf rather than seeing their premature baby in hospital
- Children whose mothers' lives were saved by blood transfusions design Moonpig cards urging dads to help give blood and 'save lives'
- Doctors Accidentally Cure Baby Born With HIV
- SVW calls for ban eating of wild animals in Vietnam
- Cloudnine’s NICU units offer quality services for your baby’s health
- Vietnam could tackle wild animal trade again
- Young children and babies are NOT safe from the coronavirus: Doctors warn ALL patients can be infected as 12-year-old in the US is left fighting for her life on a ventilator
- Babies return to Vietnam without parents over Covid-19 fears
- Second Baby ‘Cured’ of HIV After Early Treatment
- Kindness among the panic: Young mum, 19, desperately searches for hand sanitiser, Panadol and nappies for her sick baby boy after his brain surgery - before strangers come to the rescue
Vietnam saves lightest premature baby in ‘rare miracle’ have 345 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.