Renewable energy on the rise in Vietnam Vietnam is increasing its portion of renewable energy while reducing that of fossil energy to promote sustainable development, ensure energy security and reduce carbon emissions while at the same time boosting economic development, improving the people’s access to clean energies and creating more jobs for the community, experts said at a seminar in the Mekong Delta province of Hau Giang on November 24. Over the past two years, Vietnam has been the leader in developing solar power in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. As of June 2020, Vietnam’s total capacity of renewable energy, mainly solar power, reached 5,500 MW. Renewable energies currently account for 10% of the country’s total power production. According to the amended seventh national power plan, the Mekong Delta region is expected to become an energy hub in the south. Many Mekong Delta cities and provinces have recently taken practical measures to boost the development of renewable energies, especially wind and solar power. Some localities have combined hi-tech agricultural production with rooftop solar power production, which helps improve locals’ incomes, ensure energy security, protect the environment and promote sustainable development. According to Nguy Thuy Khanh, executive director of the… Read full this story
- Vice President attends Vietnam Women Entrepreneurs’ Forum
- HDBank rolls out online loan package for small businesses at 4.99 per cent interest
- Vietnam's U22 football players gathered for AFC U-23 Asian Cup Qualifiers
- Where is Vietnam in the technology industry and global supply chain?
- National Lottery players urged to check tickets as more than £6million unclaimed
- Workers receive free COVID-19 rapid tests
- Plea seeks early hearing of PIL in SC on removing protesting farmers from Delhi borders
- Ho Chi Minh City resumes first water bus route after 4-month COVID-19 hiatus
- Thailand’s e-commerce value forecast to hit 120 billion USD
- Nora Fatehi issues statement in connection with money-laundering case, says helping ED in probe as a witness
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29 have 309 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.