Together, the two countries have crafted a shared vision for a free and open Indo-Pacific. US Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (APNSA) Robert C. O'Brien has ended his two-day Vietnam visit with a speech highlighting the rules-based principles in the Indo-Pacific. US National Security Advisor Robert C. O'Brien. Photo: US Embassy Hanoi The two countries share a deep commitment to an Indo-Pacific rooted in rules of respect, fairness, and principles of international law such as sovereignty and freedom of navigation, O'Brien said in a speech delivered at the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV) in Hanoi on November 22. "This region has no interest in returning to an imperial era in which "might makes right," O'Brien noted. As such, America has taken a firm stance against China's coercion in the South China Sea and the growing security threats in the Mekong region, he added. Talking about the visit, he said it reaffirms and strengthens the two countries partnership to support peace, stability, and the unimpeded flow of commerce in the Indo-Pacific. The US values Vietnam's partnership and close coordination on shared strategic concerns, including upholding peace and stability in the South China Sea and the Mekong. "Our two… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage as the PM puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party, telling voters: 'The only way to get this thing done is to vote for us'
- Can NFL teams make hiring and firing decisions based on anthem protests?
- Brotherly bond: Ali and Jim Brown shared passion, purpose
- SOFTBALL/BASEBALL: Keller softball run-rules Frenship, FW Paschal, Carroll sweep
- Appeals court rules against Vikings’ Peterson in 2014 suspension case
- Someone at Major League Baseball at least thought about a mercy rule, and I’m mad on the internet
- Johnny Rodgers criticizes new return rules at 'Jet' gala; Scott Frost's return sparks enthusiasm
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Quarterbacks rule top 10
- Central's Bowen commits to Michigan State football; will also play baseball for Spartans
- Sports digest: Fromer Illini guard Mark Smith commits to Mizzou
US, Vietnam share deep commitment to rules-based principles: O’Brien have 355 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.