The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a health institute from the United States, will open a regional office in Hanoi to coordinate, share experience in and tackle the COVID-19 pandemic. The information was unveiled by the US State Department on September 10 following an online ministerial meeting hosted by the US that took place with members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. According to Nikkei Asean Review, the role of the regional CDC Office has yet to be clearly outlined, although it would serve to increase the CDC’s capacity in Southeast Asia. The CDC’s regional office in the country will consist of 64 staff, according to their website, while the CDC is working alongside both Vietnam and Thailand to fund surveillance systems that are capable of monitoring the spread of COVID-19. Currently, the US CDC runs a number of offices worldwide, including China, although the majority are located in developing countries such as India and Indonesia. The plans proposed by the CDC come after they had previously announced an initial grant of US$3.9 million to fund activities aimed at supporting Vietnamese prevention, preparation, and response efforts to the COVID-19 outbreak. Nikkei Asean Review also stated that Vietnam, along with… Read full this story
- Keathley & Keathley Opens Law Office in Waxahachie
- Gonzales Law Offices open new office to meet needs of High Desert Communities.
- Bright Now! Dental Opens New Office in Hollister, California
- Cats Removed From Awards Consideration After Bombing at Opening Box Office
- Amid Crime-wave, Mayor Khan Temporarily Redeploys 122 Officers to Tackle Gang Violence
- NIA opens regional branch office in Chandigarh
- Miniature Milwaukee Train Show Opens at the Domes on January 19
- Pajaro Valley Nonprofit To Open New Office In February
- Hanoi exhibition marks 50-years of President Ho Chi Minh’s testament
- Foreign tourists visits to Hanoi sharply rise
US CDC to open regional office in Hanoi to tackle COVID-19 have 294 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.