White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien will lead the United States delegation at two Southeast Asian virtual summits this weekend, the White House announced in a statement Friday. The White House said O’Brien would represent the U.S. at a summit with the 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) starting Friday evening U.S. time. He is then scheduled to take part Saturday in an East Asia Summit in Hanoi, Vietnam. The discussion is expected to include the signing of the China-backed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) by 15 Asia-Pacific economies, which could become the world’s largest free trade agreement, according to Reuters. ADVERTISEMENT“Ambassador O’Brien will reaffirm the commitment of the United States to prosperity and security in the Indo-Pacific during virtual remarks,” the White House said in its statement.O’Brien’s appearances mark the third year in a row the U.S. has been represented at the East Asia summits.President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump: New York won’t receive COVID-19 vaccine immediately Biden considering Yellen as possible Treasury secretary: report Trump puts Giuliani in charge of election lawsuits: report MORE attended the U.S.-ASEAN summit in Manila in 2017, but has not attended a full East Asian Summit meeting, according to Reuters. The U.S. was… Read full this story
- The doctor is in: White House physician nominated to lead VA
- A year after Mar-a-Lago summit, US-China ties are tested
- Trump blames terrorists for killings in Turkey, Germany
- Rudy Giuliani: Nation Would Turn on Mueller if He Goes After Ivanka, Jared ‘Disposable’
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- N.Korea invites SKorean leader for summit in Pyongyang
- Donald Trump abruptly cancels trip to Poland to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it strengthens to a Category 4 and is forecast to hit Florida on Labor Day
- The 10 biggest storylines leading up to the 2018 Winter Games
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- Ivanka Trump believes father’s denials of sexual misconduct
Trump national security adviser to lead US delegation for Southeast Asia summit have 326 words, post on thehill.com at November 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.