Leaders at the online ASEAN-New Zealand Commemorative Summit on November 14 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on November 14 called on New Zealand to open its door wider for goods and agricultural products of ASEAN countries as the sides have substantial potential for cooperation. Addressing the online ASEAN- New Zealand Commemorative Summit, the PM suggested New Zealand share its experience in building brands and developing value chains of a number of fruits in order to help the ASEAN countries access demanding markets. ASEAN is now New Zealand's fourth largest trade partner, with two-way trade reaching 12.5 billion USD in 2019, he said. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, he proposed New Zealand strengthen cooperation with ASEAN in vaccine research and development, and support the ASEAN Regional Reserve of Medical Supplies and the COVID-19 Response Fund. Vietnam hopes that, New Zealand, as Chair of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum in 2021, will join hands with regional countries to create strong momentum to overcome the crisis and recover the growth, PM Phuc said. He also called on New Zealand to create favourable conditions for students of the two sides to seek new learning methods amidst… Read full this story
- England vs New Zealand LIVE: Latest World Cup final updates
- Cricket World Cup: India vs New Zealand
- Canberra urged to be wary of joining ASEAN
- Why Doug and Monique Howlett are moving back home to New Zealand
- Joe Schmidt returns to New Zealand following family bereavement
- Martin Guptill keen for New Zealand to build momentum
- Babar relieved to guide Pakistan to victory over New Zealand
- Walk-in clinics to open doors to FGM victims
- PM pledges new northern high-speed rail route
- PM urges NI parties to 'seal power-sharing deal'
PM urges New Zealand to open door wider for ASEAN goods have 279 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.