Prime Minister Narendra Modi will digitally lay the foundation stones for rural drinking water supply projects worth Rs 5,555 crore in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts of Uttar Pradesh.On completion within two years, the two projects will provide piped-water supply to over 42 lakh people in 2,995 villages of the two districts of the Vindhyachal region which along with Bundelkhand is among India’s most water-scarce areas.After inaugurating the projects through video conference, Prime Minister Modi will also interact with water and sanitation committee members of various villages in the two districts, the Uttar Pradesh government said in a statement on Saturday.In all the project beneficiary villages, the Uttar Pradesh government had earlier formed water and sanitation committees whose members will shoulder the responsibility of operating and maintaining the water supply lines and systems.Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also be present on the occasion, the government statement added.The UP government said once the project becomes functional, villagers of Vindhya region will not have to struggle for drinking water and rural women will grid of their arduous chores of fetching water from miles away.Under the Central government’s ‘Har Ghar Nal’ Yojana, the Adityanath government will start drinking water supply through pipes in 1,606… Read full this story
- PM Narendra Modi Praises Coolie No. 1 Team For Backing Up Ban On Single-use Plastic
- Trailer of web series based on PM Narendra Modi's life is OUT!
- Akshay Kumar opens up about his interview with PM Narendra Modi: I asked whatever came to my mind
- Shreeram Lagoo Death: PM Narendra Modi Mourns The Demise Of Veteran Actor
- PM Narendra Modi mourns the demise of eminent actor Shreeram Lagoo; says 'his work will be remembered for years to come'
- PM Narendra Modi monitoring work on proposed Mopa airport: Laxmikant Parsekar
- Opinion: A reality check for Indian PM Narendra Modi
- Governor Satya Pal Malik meeting PM Narendra Modi was an act of anxiety: Goa BJP general secretary
- Internet giant: Forever-online PM Narendra Modi most accessible of all
- PM Narendra Modi may step in to resolve wrangling on NITI Aayog's proposed National Energy Policy
PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stones for water supply projects in parched Vindhya region have 340 words, post on government.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.