“If the United States wants to become a participant of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the membership in which was rejected by [incumbent US President Donald] Trump, we are ready to discuss how the United States can join the JCPOA,” Zarif told Iran newspaper. Iran has repeatedly stated that it is ready to negotiate with the United States only within the framework of the nuclear deal and only with the participation of other countries, demanding for this the return to the agreement, the lifting of sanctions, compensation for damage and additional obligations that Washington would not withdraw from the agreement again. Earlier in the day, French and German foreign ministers Jean-Yves Le Drian and Heiko Maas urged the United States to return to a common approach towards Iran in order to make sure that the Iranian nuclear program is peaceful. Iran and the six international negotiators in July 2015 reached a historic agreement to resolve the longstanding problem of the Iranian nuclear program. © AP Photo / Amir HosseiniIran Vows ‘Crushing’ Response to US Attack as Trump Reportedly Mulled Striking Tehran’s Nuclear SiteThe months-long talks ended with the adoption of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the implementation… Read full this story
- U.S. Issues New Sanctions as Iran Warns It Will Step Back From Nuclear Deal
- Iran nuclear deal parties try to defuse tensions
- Iran's Zarif: Ending IAEA snap inspections doesn't breach 2015 nuclear deal
- France urges Iran to avoid nuclear escalation ahead of resumption of talks with US
- The Nuclear Deal Makes America Complicit in Iranian Crimes
- Can America and Iran revive their nuclear deal?
- War of words continues over ship seized by Iran
- Iran talks: European diplomats 'optimistic' but need more time
- Trump Says U.S. Shot Down Iranian Drone as Both Nations Dig In
- Iraq voices anger over U.S. strikes to NATO, says don't use us against Syria, Iran
Iran Ready to Discuss How US Can Return to Nuclear Deal, Foreign Minister Says have 306 words, post on sputniknews.com at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.