Huawei is a huge telecommunications supplier and phone manufacturer, but it’s a pariah in countries like the US. There’s been no shortage of scrutiny of the Chinese telecom giant in recent years, and countries have been banning the use of its equipment as their 5G networks develop. Its phones are also virtually invisible in the US, despite its massive presence around the world.The company’s chairman had predicted that 2020 would be “difficult” for Huawei, and there certainly have been challenges. The US continues to pressure allies to block Huawei from their next-generation 5G wireless networks. In July, the UK opted to ban Huawei from its 5G infrastructure: The company’s gear must be removed by 2027 – a decision that Huawei found “disappointing” as 5G becomes increasingly mainstream. Read more: Huawei’s Mate 40 Pro looks beautiful but don’t buy it CNET Mobile Discover the latest news and best reviews in smartphones and carriers from CNET’s mobile experts. The core issue with Huawei has been concerns about its coziness with the Chinese government and fears that its equipment could be used to spy on other countries and companies. It’s the reason why the US banned companies from using Huawei networking equipment in 2012 and why the company was added to the… Read full this story
- A Pro-Trump Militant Group Has Recruited Thousands of Police, Soldiers, and Veterans
- US Attorney General Merrick Garland Threatens To Sue Texas Gov. Abbott Over Order Targeting Migrants
- We fact checked Chris Bowen on Pfizer vaccine deals. Here's what we found
- Unpacking the history of America's meat-processing industry
- 5 Ways To Get Digital Proof Of Covid Vaccination Status—Even If You Live In A Red State
Huawei ban timeline: Company sues Trump administration over documents linked to CFO's arrest have 278 words, post on www.cnet.com at November 4, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.