Beating the coronavirus must rest on better global coordination and fair distribution of vaccines according the host of the G20 summit, which is taking place this weekend. “When the pandemic happened, each country tried to do its own system of how to deal with it,” the Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Adel al Jubeir, told Sky News.”We are determined to work with our partners in the global community and particularly within the G20 countries, to find a way to provide assistance to the poorer countries so that they are able to avail themselves of the vaccine.”Mr al Jubeir was speaking to Sky News as part of a wide-ranging interview in which he also:Refused to be drawn on whether Joe Biden should be recognised as the US president-electEquated the war in Yemen with the war in Afghanistan in terms of how long it could last.Dismissed allegations of human rights abuses against jailed activists and insisted that the Saudi justice system was fair and independent. Saudi Arabia is the first Arab state to host the yearly meeting of the world’s leading economies, which are taking place virtually this year due to COVID-19. Advertisement The global challenges presented by the pandemic… Read full this story
- G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting: India calls for protecting interests of foreign students in wake of COVID-19
- Full text of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi's at French Institute of International Relations
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar to visit Russia to attend meeting of SCO foreign ministers on September 10
- Greece hits back at Scotland's 'harsh' quarantine: Tourism minister says cases are 'well below' 20 per 100,000 people threshold as Nicola Sturgeon's 11th hour announcement sparks scramble to get back by 4am TOMORROW
- Vietnam calls for global cooperation in COVID-19 control at G20 meeting
- G20 FMs highlight coordination of cross-border management amid COVID-19 crisis
- Việt Nam calls for global cooperation in COVID-19 control at G20 meeting
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia September 4
- Coronavirus digest: Wearing masks not enough, says WHO
- Opinion: Don't take unnecessary risks, a second coronavirus wave is definitely coming!
G20 summit: 'Beating coronavirus needs global coordination', Saudi foreign minister says have 344 words, post on news.sky.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.