Amit.Bhattacharya New Delhi: The city emerged as India’s Covid-19 capital last week, logging the highest number of fresh cases and also recording the sharpest rise in infections compared with the previous week.Delhi added 46,159 new cases in the week (November 1-8), pushing Kerala (45,979) and Maharashtra (36,083) to the second and third spots, respectively. Crucially, weekly cases in Kerala and Maharashtra continued to fall while in Delhi cases have been rising for several weeks now.On Monday, Delhi reported 5,063 new cases, the highest in India for the second day running. The day’s count fell sharply across India with testing at a six-week low. There were 71 deaths in Delhi. Haryana, Himachal & T’gana also see spike in weekly casesLast week’s case count in Delhi was 10,445 higher than the number recorded in the previous week (October 25-November 1). This was the sharpest rise in the pandemic during these seven days. Neighbouring Haryana came next, with infections having risen by 3,348 over the previous week, followed by Himachal Pradesh (1,552) and Telangana (1,487).While these four states logged the highest spikes in the pandemic, smaller increases were reported from Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Jharkhand.On the brighter… Read full this story
- Man killed in new cow lynching in India
- U.S. measles count rises to 555, with most new cases in New York
- Measles Outbreak: New York Declares Health Emergency, Requires Vaccinations in Parts of Brooklyn
- India's Military Might: Country Only Has 10 Days Worth of Ammunition, Most Army Weapons Now Considered 'Vintage'
- Chicago's image is muddied by crime and inequity. The Smollett case doesn't help
- New Orleans school bus operators will go under city oversight in August
- These Are the 35 Countries With U.S. State Department's New Travel Warning for Kidnapping Risk
- New York Charges Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.
- Measles outbreak: New York declares health emergency
- Mom re-indicted in toddler’s 2013 death months after DA dismissed her case
Delhi added 46,000 new cases last week, the highest in India have 319 words, post on health.economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.