A federal appeals court ruled Monday that Texas may defund Planned Parenthood by eliminating the abortion provider’s Medicaid funding.The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit overruled the lower district court’s decision. The ruling applies to Louisiana as well. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton cited undercover video showing Planned Parenthood’s fetal tissue trafficking activities in his statement asserting the organization is not “qualified” to receive taxpayer funds: The Fifth Circuit correctly rejected Planned Parenthood’s efforts to prevent Texas from excluding them from the state’s Medicaid program. Undercover video plainly showed Planned Parenthood admitting to morally bankrupt and unlawful conduct, including violations of federal law by manipulating the timing and methods of abortions to obtain fetal tissue for their own research. Planned Parenthood is not a ‘qualified’ provider under the Medicaid Act, and it should not receive public funding through the Medicaid program. My statement on today’s ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/CExmuN6ESg — Texas Attorney General (@TXAG) November 23, 2020 Chief Judge Priscilla Owen, a George W. Bush appointee, was joined by a panel of other judges in her opinion that individual patients are not involved in the decision of which providers are qualified to receive taxpayer… Read full this story
- Move to Defund Planned Parenthood Splits GOP in Congress
- The Harsh Human Cost of Defunding Planned Parenthood
- Can Congress defund Planned Parenthood?
- GOP leaders eye other tactics to defund Planned Parenthood
- Defunding Planned Parenthood Is Just the Start
- Senate Blocks Republican Legislation Defunding Planned Parenthood
- Court: Indiana can't defund Planned Parenthood
- WATCH: Sen. Mike Lee Slams Spending Bill That Once Again Doesn’t Defund Planned Parenthood
- House Republicans Pass Bill to Block Planned Parenthood Funding
- Planned Parenthood attack victims identified as Iraq war vet, mom
Court Rules Texas May Defund Planned Parenthood have 295 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.