How does government decide what Tiers areas are put into? Boris Johnson promised to base Tier allocation on ‘common sense’, and the government’s ‘Winter Plan’ set out a series of metrics to be used. They are: Case detection rates in all age groups;Case detection rates in the over 60s;The rate at which cases are rising or falling;Positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken); andPressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy.However, there are no specific numerical trigger points, and the document added that there will be ‘some flexibility to weight these indicators against each other as the context demands’. ’For example, hospital capacity in a given area will need to be considered in the light of the capacity in neighbouring areas and the feasibility of moving patients,’ the document said. ’Case detection rates will need to be weighted against whether the spread of the virus appears to be localised to particular communities.’ Advertisement Boris Johnson tonight begged people to get on board with new Tiers despite fury at the ‘vague and inconsistent’ rules that have seen 99 per cent of England plunged into the toughest curbs. At a Downing Street press conference, the PM insisted… Read full this story
- New tier 3 system: London and Liverpool to escape toughest area restrictions but millions will be under strictest rules
- Millions fear no escape from Tier 2 as Chris Whitty says it 'won't bring down cases'
- 'This is about saving lives': PM lashes out at Andy Burnham's lack of 'leadership' as Greater Manchester Mayor refuses to accept Tier Three lockdown rules and haggles for more money - but Lancashire AGREES to the curbs from TOMORROW with '£30m bailout'
- Why has ALL of Kent been put in Tier 3? Plight sums up fury of rural areas who say they've been unfairly locked down because they are in same county as urban hotspots
- Pub bosses’ fury as Boris Johnson plans Northern shutdown because Covid is ‘holding a gun to his head’
- Last push to beat Covid: Boris Johnson unveils post-December 2 lockdown 'Tiers' vowing they will be 'redundant' by MARCH amid rising vaccine hopes - with gyms and Christmas shopping back on the cards but warnings of a 'catastrophe' for pubs
- MPs’ fury as 55m people in England face months in top tiers
- Tories Slam ‘Authoritarianism' as PM Johnson Reportedly Faces Revolt Ahead of Vote on COVID Tiers
- 'Show us it's worth it': Boris Johnson faces new rebellion over tough new coronavirus tiers as SEVENTY Tory MPs say they will REFUSE to vote for them unless the PM proves they 'will save more lives than they cost' - as 10pm pub curfew faces the axe
- UK records 341 new Covid hospital deaths – down 121 on last Saturday – as new daily infections plummet by more than a QUARTER to 19,875
Chris Whitty shoots down Boris's promise that there there IS an 'escape' route from new Tier system by saying 'anywhere that goes into tier one will rise' and Tier 2 is only 'strong enough to hold the line' have 463 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.