Amazon Web Services (AWS) on Friday announced setting up of its second data centre region in India in Telangana that will be operational by mid-2022, and will see the tech giant investing about Rs 20,761 crore. While AWS did not comment on the investment detail, Telangana IT and Industries Minister KT Rama Rao tweeted that AWS will invest Rs 20,761 crore ($2.77 billion) to set up multiple data centres in the state. “Happy to announce the largest FDI in the history of Telangana! After a series of meetings, AWS has finalized investment of ?20,761 Cr ($ 2.77 Bn) to set up multiple data centers in Telangana. The @AWSCloud Hyd Region is expected to be launched by mid 2022,” he tweeted. Rao, in a statement said AWS is investing to set up an AWS Region with three Availability Zones (AZs) in the state. AZs consist of multiple data centres in separate distinct locations within a single region that are engineered to be operationally independent of one another. The minister had met officials from AWS during his Davos visit earlier this year and subsequently arrived at the closure on the investment in a swift manner, the statement noted. In a virtual briefing,… Read full this story
- How Echo Look could feed Amazon’s big data fueled fashion ambitions
- Ireland is cool for Google as its data servers like the weather
- Prime Leverage: How Amazon wields power in the technology world
- Bachelorettes, Bibles and Amazon: is Nashville the perfect model for a second-tier city?
- ‘Tsunami of data’ could consume one fifth of global electricity by 2025
- Now you can control Alexa from your bike! New 'smart cycle' with Amazon voice controls built in lets you play music, hear directions, or even order a takeaway as you ride
- KT Rama Rao slams Centre’s ‘bias’ against Telangana
- Why are Amazon, Google, Facebook and Apple facing antitrust issues?
- 3-member panel headed by Retired Justice V S Sirpurkar to probe Hyderabad encounter: CJI to T'gana
- Sarojini Naidu’s home in Hyderabad set to become a thriving cultural hub again
Amazon arm to set up data centre in Hyderabad have 329 words, post on www.rediff.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.