The Indian real estate sector has attracted private equity investments worth USD 2,308 million in nine months from January 1 to September 30 this year, according to a research report by property consultants Knight Frank India released on Thursday. Private equity investments in debt and equity had totalled USD 5,318 million during the nine months in 2019 and USD 6,792 million during calendar 2019. Real estate was severely hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and is gradually recovering from the impact. Compared to the flow of USD 2,725 million private equity investments in office segment in 2019, the nine months of 2020 witnessed investments worth USD 1,871 million. Investments in warehousing had touched USD 1,537 million till September 2019. In 2020, it managed to attract USD 221 million. The residential segment, which had received investments of USD 659 million from till September 2019, saw a flow of USD 216 million into the sector Severely hit retail segment, which had received USD 397 million till September 2019, failed to attract any investment deals. Shishir Baijal, Chairman and Managing Director, Knight Frank India, said, “Private equity investors have taken advantage of this period of economic slowdown to scout for Grade A assets with… Read full this story
- Measures fit for real estate recovery
- Coronavirus real estate: Artarmon house breaks suburb record after just 12 days on the market
- Coronavirus real estate: Buyer activity picks up as market shows signs of life
- This Is the State of the Real Estate Market Right Now: What the Numbers Show
- TCS to sell real estate assets to raise Rs 500 crore
- Divert funds from real estate to real economy
- Vietnam attracts 12.33 billion USD in FDI in four months
- From Thousands of Roses to Multi-Million-Dollar Estates, What
- Nokia enters into ‘smarter real estate’ partnership with Central China Holdings
- In States Loosening Lockdowns, Will Real Estate Markets Rebound?
Private equity flow of USD 2,308 million in real estate in nine months: Report have 278 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at October 16, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.