IMAGES from Day 7 of the French Open, at Roland Garros, on Saturday. IMAGE: Novak Djokovic celebrates winning his third round match against Daniel Elahi Galan of Colombia. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images Top seed Novak Djokovic continued his imperious progress at the French Open with a 6-0, 6-3, 6-2 drubbing of Colombian Daniel Galan to effortlessly reach the last 16 for the 11th straight year on Saturday. The 33-year-old was rarely extended by his 153rd-ranked opponent and even found time to double up as a court sweeper when the match was briefly interrupted by rain. IMAGE: Novak Djokovic completed his 71st French Open match win, taking him past Roger Federer into second place behind Nadal who has 96. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images But Galan, a lucky loser from qualifying, got on the board with a rasping forehand winner which brought loud cheers from the small crowd on Court Philippe Chatrier. IMAGE: Novak Djokovic offers the groundstaff a hand, grabbing a sweeper to help spread more clay across the court. Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images He has certainly not been wasting any time so far in the French capital and once play resumed the outcome was never in doubt, although Galan did… Read full this story
- Serena routs Sharapova in US Open start, ‘rusty’ Federer wins
- 18 under-the-radar athletes who will hit the big time in 2018
- 18 under-the-radar athletes who will go big in 2018
- Federer braced for Kyrgios test on sixth day of U.S. Open
- The 40 most dominant athletes of 2018
- Tillerson says he knows who in the Trump administration got him fired: 'And they know I know'
- Photographers Reveal The Stories Behind 2014's Most Powerful Pictures
- Tennis: Fighting Tsonga digs deep to reel in Shapovalov
- Incredible photos from space reveal the biggest news stories on Earth in 2017
- The future 50: the rising music stars to look out for
PIX: Djokovic storms into last 16; Ostapenko ousted have 300 words, post on m.rediff.com at October 3, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.