The “main pillars” of a planned innovative urban area in the eastern part of HCM City are ready to be connected to form a new administrative unit. Saigon High-Tech Park in HCM City's District 9 is one of the three ‘main pillars’ in the planned eastern innovative urban area. The city government has approved merging the three eastern districts of 2, 9, and Thu Duc into one administrative unit to form an innovation hub in its east. The hub will cover more than 211sq.km and be home to more than 1.1 million people. It is expected to promote economic growth in the city and the southern region. It will serve as a centre for three main functions: scientific and technological research and application; education and training of high-quality human resources; and production and trade of hi-tech products and services. It is expected to contribute a third of the city's GDP, accounting for 7 per cent of national GDP. Since 2018, the city has been working on the project to build the eastern innovative urban area based on three “main pillars”: Saigon High-Tech Park (SHTP) in District 9, Thu Thiem New Urban Area in District 2 and the Vietnam National University HCM City (VNU-HCM) in Thu Duc District. The SHTP is considered the nucleus for development of the eastern innovation urban area. It provides and nurtures scientific and innovative… Read full this story
- Which new coaches are ready to soar?
- East London transformed for Olympic Games
- Column: Damn the money, Olympics renew east London
- Four new coaches try to shake up Big East
- Now it’s Brazil’s turn to get ready
- Now it’s Brazil’s turn to get ready for the WCup
- Learn about World Cup’s 9 S. African host cities
- London ready to mark 1-year countdown
- London ready for Olympics, but Tube a worry
- Big East beast Villanova now talk of the town
HCM City ready for innovative urban area in east have 304 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.