The daily lives of local people in Hanoi has been greatly affected by a hot spell lasting for several days, with the severe heat forcing many locals to find ways to protect themselves from the recent weather conditions. Policemen on duty around the capital suffer during the hot days. They must continue their job despite outdoor temperatures reaching more than 40 degrees Celsius. A policeman working at the crossroads of Xa Dan and Pham Ngoc Thach streets says that each shift lasts for a total of four hours, with consistent breaks added to allow them to drink fresh water. A resident brings along a wet towel while travelling to cool down. The harsh sun means that drivers don a mask and long clothing when travelling around the capital. A Xe Om driver comes up with his own method of reducing the heat. Students face hot conditions when travelling to school. The impact of the novel coronavirus means that many schools have stopped offering lunch to students. Instead, children have lunch at home at around midday before returning to school in the afternoon. Parents take students home at midday with temperatures rising to more than 40 degrees Celsius outside. A father… Read full this story
- Deadly Heat Waves Could Hit South Asia This Century
- Sea Temperature Patterns Predict Extreme Heat Waves up to 50 Days in Advance
- Heat waves could be commonplace in the US by 2039, Stanford study finds
- CUPERTINO BUSINESS REPORT The Apple Heat Wave
- Imaging of Alfvén waves and fast ions in a fusion plasma
- X-Ray Study Reveals Way To Control Molecular Vibrations That Transmit Heat
- Heat Pulses in Magma Change How Scientists View the Inner Workings of Volcanoes
- Laptop Heat May Cool Fertility, Study Finds
- GCG Feature: 'Brain Wave Games 4Learning'
- Riding the Plasma Wave
Hanoians seek measures to cope with prolonged heat wave have 286 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.