A new type of tour, which offers tourists boat trips along flooded streets in Hoi An Ancient Town in central Quang Nam Province, has attracted many Vietnamese and foreign visitors over the past days. Suffering torrential rains and water discharges from upstream hydropower reservoirs, many streets in downtown Hoi An City have been severely submerged. With all of the flooding, boats have become the local people’s main means of transport around the city. Almost every household in Hoi An’s low-lying areas, such as Cam Kim and An Hoi, has a boat stored on the roof of their houses to commute in flood seasons. The boat tour service began after several tourists, particularly foreign visitors, had offered to pay money for a ride around the city’s ancient town on boats. “I charge each passenger VND100,000 [US$4.31], and only accept a maximum of seven passengers on each trip with them having to wear life jackets to ensure safety,” said Nguyen Thi Huong, a boatwoman providing a boat tour. The public square near the Hoai River is submerged in floodwater in Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province on October 12, 2020. Photo: B.D. / Tuoi Tre Huong will carry tourists to destinations at… Read full this story
- Hoi An ravaged by third flood within a month
- What gives the leverage for Vietnam tourism to continuously win international awards?
- Cyclone Pam death toll rises as Vanuatu begins to assess damage
- Floods paralyze traffic, submerge houses in Quang Nam
- Heading to Abu Dhabi to meet friends and relatives but not sure what to do? We tell you which places to visit to make it a trip to remember
- Most Britons could be barred from visiting the EU after Brexit under coronavirus travel rules - even if there IS a deal
- Airbnb shares sail past IPO price in stellar debut
- The heritage of swing
- S P Balasubrahmanyam's TOP 25 Songs
- Venice floods again: St Mark's Square is swamped as officials warn of 'terrible situation' a year after city suffered a billion pounds of damage during high tides
Floodwater gives rise to boat rides for tourists in Hoi An have 333 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.