Ken Atkinson, founder and senior board advisor at Grant Thornton Vietnam For 99 days we in Vietnam lived in a bubble, but then that bubble was suddenly pricked. So what does the new outbreak mean for business and the economy, and how can companies protect themselves during these tough times? Of course it is too early to come to any firm conclusions as we do not know the full extent of the outbreak and how long it will take to return to a scenario of no community spread. What we do know is that, in the first half of 2020 the economy grew at 1.81 per cent, much lower than the same period of 2019, but did record the fifth-highest growth worldwide and the highest in the ASEAN and Asia-Pacific. Prior to the new outbreak, GDP growth was expected to be in a range of 2.8 per cent to 4 per cent for 2020, making us one of the stand-out economies. Industrial production was bouncing back from major contraction in April, and in June the Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index posted 51.1 per cent – the first time it was above the no-change mark of 50 per cent in five months…. Read full this story
- EU sets out trillion euro plan to avert 'climate crash'
- Boris Johnson declares 'new Brexit approach' as he sets out no-deal plans
- Newsweek's Best Snowpocalypse Survival Tips, Just in Time For Winter Storm Stella
- Omar's description of 9/11 'tore my heart apart,' surviving son of terror victim tells Hannity
- Danny Dyer's daughter Dani to star in reality TV show Survival of the Fittest
- Survival of the Fittest star Tia Latham tried to kill herself on Boxing Day and claims ITV ‘ripped my life apart’
- ‘Surviving Jeffrey Epstein’ Documentary Gets Formal Green Light By Lifetime – TCA
- Who Won At the Grammy Awards Last Year? All the 2019 Winners Ahead of the 2020 Grammys
- Furious row erupts over plans to 'salvage' Titanic's hidden treasures: MPs accuse US firm of 'modern day piracy' and attempting to 'pilfer and pillage' wreck for financial gain
- Mortlake block with Sydney views hits the market with DA approved plans for 36 apartments
Winners set apart by sturdy survival plans have 338 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.