Provisions now in place via EVFTA for Vietnamese labour advances Phan Thi Thanh Xuan, deputy chairwoman and general secretary of the Vietnam Leather and Footwear Association said, “This is an important agreement to Vietnam’s export industry. For the leather and footwear industry, it is necessary to focus on labour and environmental criteria, such as improving capacities to meet and take advantage of the opportunities provided by the EVFTA.” Xuan also warned that businesses could lose orders from the EU if they do not ensure their labourers’ rights. “Sustainable development and the circular economy are now a trend. Many importers require each pair of exported shoes to be accompanied by a certificate, which must clearly state how the shoes can be recycled after use,” Xuan said. “Importers also require businesses to demonstrate their environmental, employment, and labour regimes, as well as how they handle carbon emissions. If businesses do not meet these requirements, they will not be able to participate in the global value chain.” In the EVFTA, provisions related to social and environmental development can be found in Chapter 13, on trade and sustainable development. The provision on multilateral labour standards and agreements is of particular interest as it stresses… Read full this story
- Play explores truth behind Jane Fonda's Vietnam photo
- Techcombank Ironman 70.3 Vietnam to take place in Danang
- Aaron Rodgers Jokes Packers' Interview Headline 'Needs More Click Bait'
- Sports News 4/4
- News of the Week: Kenny Omega on Seth Rollins taking his move, Billy Corgan’s plans for NWA
- News of the Week: Sting discusses The Undertaker, Mauro Ranallo’s next gig
- Former Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Cougars stars headline 2018 state Hall of Fame class
- U.S. Women’s Soccer National Team – Biggest News Stories of 2016
- UFC fight schedule 2018: Miocic-Cormier, Nunes-Pennington headline PPV events
- Ben Paulsen Decision by Rockies Shows Baseball as Business
VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 9 have 297 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.