The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will open a regional office in Hanoi to increase its public health engagement in Southeast Asia, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) announced after an online ministerial meeting with the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations hosted by Vietnam on Thursday. “The CDC is working with Thailand and Vietnam by funding event-based surveillance systems that monitor COVID-19,” the DOS’ press release reads. The CDC has been leading the U.S. response to COVID-19. It has a number of local offices around the world, mainly in developing countries such as India and Indonesia. The existing Vietnam office has a staff of 64, according to the CDC website. In Thursday’s press release, the U.S. State Department affirms that the country stands shoulder-to-shoulder with its ASEAN partners to mitigate the current pandemic, and also to strengthen ASEAN’s ability to prevent, detect, and respond to future zoonotic and other infectious disease outbreaks. Accordingly, the United States has provided more than US$87 million in U.S. government assistance to fight COVID-19 in ASEAN member states. Announcing new initiatives, the DOS said that the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has planned US$1.5 million in funding… Read full this story
- Backgrounder: The Association of Southeast Asian Nations
- Chrysler Opens Chinese Design Office
- No. 13 Stanford ready to open season against San Diego State
- F1 In Vietnam? Southeast Asian Country Close To 2020 Race Hosting Deal
- Spring 2019 young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative academic...
- HMSI opens 11th zonal office in Varanasi
- Manu Ginobili open to front-office role with Spurs
- Stanford finds new way to roll in season-opening win over San Diego State
- Gophers open volleyball season against Florida State, North Carolina
- Alfa Romeo Opening Up Shop in 33 States, 4C Sports Car Coming Soon
US CDC to open Southeast Asian office in Hanoi: State Dept. have 291 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.