A 23-year-old man has been taken into custody after a police officer was shot and killed in a south London police station. More than 4,000 police officers have been killed since 1792 and since 1945 more than 250 have been shot. The latest victim – who has not yet been identified – joins an illustrious list of officers who died in high profile cases. Watch behind Martin Brunt at the two Londoners paying their respects. They, not the activists and the dividers, represent our city, my city – and the one that will win out. pic.twitter.com/LcQyVsCw4Q — Colin Sutton (@colinsutton) September 25, 2020 PC Andrew Harper – 2019 In August 2019 PC Andrew Harper, 28, died after being dragged by a car for a mile down a country lane in Berkshire, west of London, as he tried to stop a gang of teenagers stealing a quad bike. — Thames Valley PolFed (@TVPFED) September 22, 2020 Henry Long, 19, Albert Bowers and Jessie Cole, both 18, were convicted of manslaughter, rather than murder. Long was jailed for 16 years and the other two for 13 years each. PC Harper’s incensed widow, Lissie, wrote to the prime minister claiming “justice is a joke” and… Read full this story
- Sharks season ends with 5-1 loss to St. Louis Blues
- Sharks season ends with 1-5 loss to St. Louis Blues
- 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's Zion Williamson is the clear top pick and three Blue Devils are in the top five
- What your team is thankful for: St. Louis Blues
- Report: Ken Hitchcock could be long-term solution for Oilers
- Twenty years later, mystery defines murder of KC native and Chiefs hopeful Tim Hall
- As Super Bowl returns to Atlanta, family of 2000 homicide victim embraces tributes
- The 2016 Power List — And the Person of the Year Is…
- Ranking the top 20 sports moments of 'The Office'
- The paultan.org 2014 Top Five cars list – the writers each pick five that impressed them the most this year
The Thin Blue Line: Croydon Victim Joins Long List of Murdered British Police Officers have 304 words, post on sputniknews.com at September 25, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.