SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois Department of Public Health on Friday reported 2,145 newly confirmed coronavirus cases and 32 confirmed deaths. The new cases came as 30 of 102 counties reached two or more benchmarks that indicate the coronavirus is spreading there. The cases Friday were from 56,661 tests, resulting in a seven-day statewide positivity rate of 3.9 percent. There have been 4.6 million tests conducted in Illinois. The total number of known infections in Illinois is 257,788, and the statewide confirmed death toll is 8,273 since the start of the pandemic. ADVERTISEMENT ___ HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE VIRUS OUTBREAK — Antarctica is still free of COVID-19 — UN General Assembly approves pandemic resolution — Daily US virus deaths decline, but trend may reverse in fall — India’s confirmed coronavirus tally has crossed 4.6 million after a record surge of 97,570 new cases in 24 hours. India reported — The Istanbul governor is banning boating companies from hosting weddings and other gatherings to combat the spread — Follow AP’s pandemic coverage at http://apnews.com/VirusOutbreakhttps://apnews.com/UnderstandingtheOutbreak ___ HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING: BERLIN — A town in the German Alps has stepped up coronavirus restrictions after a spike in… Read full this story
- Guinea Reports 27 New Ebola Cases after Previous Lull
- India Reports Its First 3 Cases of Zika Virus
- Mali Reports Two New Ebola Deaths in Capital
- TECHNOLOGY SPECIAL REPORT A New Era of Internet Threats
- Latest Apple Tablet Rumors: New York Times and iSlate Partnership?
- Spam Fighters Targeted by New Virus
- New Virus Strain Spreads Swiftly Through E-Mail
- GOVERNMENT IT REPORT Feds: New Rules Needed to Tighten IT Contractor Security
- New Virus Implicated in Deadly Chinese Outbreaks
- Backblaze’s hard drive reliability report makes a strong case for 8TB models
The Latest: Illinois reports more than 2,000 new virus cases have 272 words, post on apnews.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.