This file photo taken on May 27, 2019 shows a photographer taking pictures in front of the logo for British chip designer ARM in Taipei. Japan’s SoftBank Group said on September 14, 2020 it is selling British chip designer Arm to US chip company NVIDIA for up to 40 billion USD, potentially creating a new giant in the industry.(photo: Sam YEH / AFP) If approved, the deal will be one of the largest acquisitions anywhere in the world this year, and will propel NVIDIA to the forefront of the semiconductor sector. The announcement also renewed speculation about SoftBank Group’s future, with Bloomberg News reporting it is set to revive talks about going private via a management buyout plan. The Arm sale is valued at up to $40 billion and is subject to approval by authorities in several jurisdictions, including Britain, China, the United States and European Union, SoftBank Group said. It hopes the deal will be completed by around March 2022, it added in a statement. SoftBank Group shares soared in early morning trade in Tokyo, rising by almost 10 percent before settling slightly, up 7.78 percent to 6,316.0 yen around 30 minutes into the day. Founded in 1990 in… Read full this story
- Huge weapons cache seized from Swiss man suspected of selling arms to Austria
- Group of armed robbers who targeted local shops in Lanarkshire caught after fourth raid
- Standard Life Aberdeen offloads insurance arm in multi-billion-pound deal
- China's Tasly to list biotech arm in $1 billion Hong Kong IPO
- Global equity sell off knocks £50 billion off FTSE 100
- UK accused of using 'secretive' deals to sell arms to Saudi Arabia
- Theresa May secures backing for €40 billion Brexit divorce payment - but there's a catch
- Japan Tobacco to buy Russian tobacco group Donskoy in $1.6 billion deal
- Germany still selling arms to Saudi Arabia and Egypt
- West Bromwich road cordoned off after 'shots fired as group gather armed with knives'
SoftBank Group selling Arm to NVIDIA for up to $40 billion have 301 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.