NEW YORK, NEW YORK – SEPTEMBER 09: Serena Williams (R) of the United States taps rackets with Tsvetana Pironkova (L) of Bulgaria after winning their Women’s Singles quarterfinal match on Day Ten of the 2020 US Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center on September 9, 2020 in the Queens borough of New York City. (photo: Al Bello/Getty Images/AFP) Williams, seeded third, came from a set down to overcome unseeded Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova and keep alive her bid for a 24th singles Grand Slam title at Flushing Meadows. Later, Azarenka blew away Belgium’s Elise Mertens as she continues her hunt a first Grand Slam title in seven years. Williams’ comeback included two astonishing shots with her left hand that contributed to winning points. “At that point I was fighting so hard. I was just trying to do everything I can whether righty or lefty,” she said. A sluggish start saw the American lose the first 6-4, but she fought back to take the next two 6-3, 6-2, in 2hr 12min inside Arthur Ashe Stadium. “I never give up and you know I just gotta keep going,” Williams added. Williams smashed 20 aces, the most she has had… Read full this story
- Unbreak Our Hearts: Serena Falls in Wimbledon Finals
- Murray and White Claim Semi Final Wins at Brands
- Serena Williams Opens Up About Struggling with Motherhood and Her Comeback in Time Magazine Spread
- Megan Rapinoe double sends USA past France and into England semi-final
- Lionel Messi magic puts Barcelona in command of semi-final with Liverpool
- 's tense semi-final delivers picture-perfect "Patisserie"
- England conquer hearts and minds but USA take semi-final spoils
- Iowa Thumps Kansas, Heads To Little League Midwest Semi-Final
- MotoGP™ eSport Championship Semi-Final 2: where to watch
- Eslword Opens its Final Rigomor Dungeon Named
Serena, Medvedev move into US Open semi-finals have 287 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.